Sweet Potato Casserole Was Never So Easy To Make Without Our Freeze Dried Sweet Potatoes!
Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious source of energy. They are rich in nutrients, such as vitamin A, potassium, and fiber. Studies have shown that sweet potatoes can reduce the risk of conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.1 They are among the top healthiest foods in the world.
Health benefits of our freeze dried sweet potatoes
Regulates blood sugar
Sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index and are a perfect source of energy for diabetics. They can improve blood sugar regulation, because of their high fiber content.2 They help to reduce insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. Research has shown that they have adiponectin, a protein usually deficient in diabetics that contribute to improving insulin metabolism. People with insulin resistance often have low levels of adiponectin.2
Lower blood pressure
Sweet potatoes are rich in potassium that is important for maintaining the proper balance of electrolytes. While maintaining a low sodium intake is recommended to lower blood pressure, regular consumption of potassium can also effectively lower high blood pressure.
Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene that gives it its color. They are from the family of carotenoids.2 Beta-carotene is an antioxidant that has cancer fighting properties. Research has shown that beta-carotene can reduce the risk of development of colon cancer and prostate cancer.1
Beta-carotene, which is the precursor of Vitamin A is found abundance in sweet potatoes. Vitamin A deficiency causes deterioration of vision. The beta-carotene in sweet potatoes bioavailable compared to that in vegetables and can provide children with their daily Vitamin A requirement.2 Consuming a diet rich in Vitamin A can restore vision. Sweet potatoes also contain Vitamin C and E, antioxidants that support eye health and prevent the degeneration and damage of the eyes.1
Rich in fiber
Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber that helps faster transit of food in the digestive tract. They promote a healthy digestive tract. You can use sweet potatoes to make dishes, casserole, for breakfast, in soups or stir fry it. You can prepare the casserole in minutes by just rehydrating the chunks and cook for a few minutes.
Ready to make sweet potatoes casserole? Let’s get started!
- 3 pounds Freeze-dried sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup margarine/butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups marshmallows
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Put the pieces of freeze dried sweet potatoes in a large pan.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water to rehydrate the sweet potatoes. Simmer for 10-20 minutes Heat just until they soften. Remove from heat and drain. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Blend the sweet potatoes together with all ingredients in a food processor or using an electric mixer in a large bowl. You can also use a potato masher.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9x13 inch baking tin coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 375 degrees F for about 20 – 25 minutes in the oven. Ensure that it’s well heated, and the marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Our high quality freeze dried sweet potatoes are perfect addition to your meals. Click here to order your pack today and try out the casserole recipe.References
- Lauren Young