Eliminate The Stress And Make The School Year Fun Again
The school year is a time of great anticipation. You might be starting school, or your children are headed off to a new year to learn. With that comes the extra constraints on your already precious time and the stresses that are associated with it.One of the things that becomes problematic is feeding yourself and your kid(s) the healthy food, while making it taste good so everyone will eat it. No matter what we like to remember about how strict our parents were and what they made us eat, they had the same dilemma as you do now. Below we will talk about a few of the really healthy, innovative, and tasty dishes you can make for lunches, dinners, and snacks using Mother Earth Products foods. You'll find they are so good that they will soon become fan favorites in your home.
1. Amazingly Easy and Great Tasting Pizza
The method we'll show you is meatless, and we'll even cover a cheese-less version, too. If you're vegan, it will work for you as well.
- Start with a pre-made pizza crust that you can get at the store. There is no sense in making your own these days, since it is more effort and the pre-made crusts are super easy.
- Now, get some of our dried bell peppers, tomato dices, and mushrooms, then soak them in enough olive oil to cover them until they are nice and soft.
- This is going to give you the same great taste and mouth feel as the high end sundried products that have then been canned in the oil and herb mixtures.
- Once they are nice and soft, remove and put them on a plate and season them with dried pesto seasonings or wet pesto by stirring them into it.
- Rehydrate some of our sausage TVP until it's just right.
- Put your favorite pizza sauce on the crust.
- Then add the oiled veggies after straining them of all excess oil.
- Sprinkle the sausage TVP on to your preferred coverage amount.
- Add any other ingredients you'd like.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella and bake until done. The baking times will vary with the size of a pizza you're making.
- To make this cheese free, simply omit the cheese. But do add more veggies and sauce so that it really packs in the flavor.
2. TVP Sausage and Mashed Potatoes
This is a meal that is super fast to make, tastes great, and travels really well. The other benefit is that you don't have to worry about the normal problems of eating a greasy lunch. This can be made to be virtually fat free.
- Place your sausage TVP and the correct amount of hot water into a bowl, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While that's developing, make your mashed potatoes from our Mother Earth Products mashed potato mix. It's super fast and easy.
- Then stir them together and put into your hot food thermos, so they stay hot for lunch.
3. Wrap It Up, I'll take It
Yes, that may have been referenced straight out of a Fabulous Thunderbirds' song, but the simplicity of this next meal will have you singing along. There must be 20 types of wraps you can make with all the fabulous Mother Earth Products that you can fill your cupboards and pantry with.
Here are but a few...
- Keep your sausage TVP and mashed potatoes hot in your hot food thermos. Then, put a couple of white or wheat tortillas in a plastic bag so they will travel well.
- Then, lay out the tortilla and pile on the good stuff from your thermos and wrap it up.
- You literally won't believe how good it tastes.
- If you're at home, use your favorite yogurt and add our freeze dried berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, and bananas (yes, bananas are technically a berry). Spoon the mixture onto a tortilla and wrap it up into a super tasty high protein wrap that tastes better than most desserts.
- Another wrap is to make all the pizza toppings just like we discussed above in our pizza recipe. Then, just place them onto a tortilla and wrap it up.
You just made a fantastic pizza wrap that everyone will love. It's super simple, and you don't have to fool around with crusts or baking. You can literally be done in 10 or so minutes.
- Lauren Young