5 Must-Try Dip Recipes for National Chip and Dip Day
Dips are the heart of the party table. From guacamole, hummus, salsa, or spinach dip recipes - some meals are not the same without flavorful accompaniment. The best part is that you can make dips with various ingredients and your choice of cheese, herbs, and spices.
March 23rd is National Chip and Dip Day - to acknowledge the creamy, cheesy, veggie packed, and all types of dips.1 The day allows you to indulge in your favorite chips and dips, whether store-bought or homemade. The popular snack is a must-have at all parties and social gatherings. No wonder it made it on the food holidays list.
History of National Chip and Dip Day
Although people have been dipping their foods for centuries, the popularity of dips can be traced back to the 13th century. The first dip recipes have been identified as hummus that was served at parties and social events.1
Currently, there are countless variations of dip recipes made with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and a variety of spices. There are other unique combinations like hummus or bell peppers or veggie dips to suit your taste preferences.
How to Celebrate National Chip and Dip Day
Dips are versatile and go well with many foods, from carrot sticks to onion rings to fries. You just need a few minutes to whip it up. The most common way to serve dips is with tortillas, potatoes, or corn chips.
National Chip and Dip Day is a great opportunity to try new dip recipes and enjoy old favorites. It's also a fun excuse to gather with friends and family and indulge in delicious snacks. So, grab your favorite chips and dips and party with your friends and family.
If you are wondering what dips you can make for National Chip and Dip Day, you’ve come to the right place. This article shares the five best dip recipes that are quick and easy to make.
Let’s get started.
1. Yogurt Dip2
When combined with yogurt, vegetables make healthy and tasty dip recipes when served with chips.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ tablespoon dried garlic
- ½ cup mixed dried bell peppers
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the dried bell peppers, garlic, mint, and fresh dill in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt. Pour in the yogurt and olive oil and combine. Chill for an hour.
- Serve cold with pita chips.
2. Spinach and Artichoke Dip3
Try this spinach and artichoke dip and enjoy the goodness of spinach and artichoke.
- 1 cup dried spinach
- ¼ cup mixed dried bell peppers
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup dried tomato flakes
- 4 oz. Tortilla chips
- A few shavings of Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Whisk milk and flour in a pan. Add in the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Then, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium heat and simmer for about five minutes while stirring frequently until the mixture thickens. Reduce to low heat. Whisk in Romano cheese until it melts.
- Stir in the spinach, and artichokes, then season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for an additional five minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle the tomato flakes and Parmesan cheese on top to garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
3. Easy Veggie Dip Recipe4
This creamy dip recipe is easy to make and will become your go-to vegetable dip recipe for your parties.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon dried onions
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until creamy. Refrigerate the dip until ready to use.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables or chips.
4. Ready to Use Dip Mixture
Try our herb and vegetable dip mix, which is easy to whip into your favorite dip recipes for your family and friends. The mix is a blend of green and red bell peppers, dill, spinach, parsley, white onions, chervil, garlic powder, and salt. The unique combination of herbs and spices makes an irresistible flavor to add to your chips. The best part is that you can also eat the dip with carrot chips, crackers, or your favorite meal.
- ½ cup of the herb and vegetable mix
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoon water
- Whisk together the herb and vegetable mix, sour cream, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables, chips, or crackers.
5. Three Onion Dip Mix
Make a classic dip with our three onion dip mix and take your party to the next level. The dip mix combines chopped white onion, onion powder, leek, garlic, parsley, celery, carrot, chives, salt, and black pepper. The dip mix is a special recipe from our chef at Mother Earth Products to give you the best taste and flavor for your dip recipes. Your party won’t be the same again.
- 1 pint of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup of the three onion dip mix
- Whisk together the sour cream, water, and the mix.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, chips, or veggies.
Try these five irresistible dip recipes to celebrate National Chip and Dip day. Don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Also, share the photos on social media with #diprecipes #NationalChipandDipDay.
Did you make any of the recipes? Please share your outcome in the comment section below.
- Branden Evans