Why You Should Try Our Refried Beans
Beans are an essential pantry supply. They are also a delicious addition for outdoor activities as a healthy food package that fits right into your backpack or trail pack. You won’t need much time to prepare on the trail because they require minimal cooking.
Our bean mix contains pinto bean flakes, sea salt, and onions. Our pre-cooked refried beans are 100% natural, non-GMO, gluten-free and have no added preservatives or additives. Not only do the refried beans retain their nutritional value,1 they are great source of essential vitamins and minerals.
They have a long shelf life and can be stored for any emergency or inclement weather, especially if you live on the coast during hurricane season. When stored in proper conditions, they can last longer than 10 years. Apart from being tasty and easy to prepare, they are also a cheaper option. You can make just a little and store the remaining without the hassle of trying to remember an expiration date.
To prepare, add 1 part of boiling water to 1 part bean mix to rehydrate. Remember to remove the desiccant before eating. Cover and let stand about 3-5 minutes and they’ll be ready! Add a little cooking oil if desired. The consistency will vary according to your preferences. You don’t have to wait all day for them to cook, unlike raw beans from the grocery store.
Try out this Refried Bean tostadas recipe with our refried beans.
Refried beans tortillas
- 1 cup (or more) of our refried bean mix, rehydrated
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon of canola/olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and sauté for about five minutes till slightly browned.
- Add chili powder and ground cumin and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rehydrated beans and some water. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes in medium heat until the beans are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes in low heat.
- Turn off the heat. Add lime juice and cilantro and stir till combined. You can add more salt to taste.
- Spread the beans on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and top with some lettuce. You can also add sour cream, avocado, or red salsa.
Our products have the best taste on the market! We have a wide selection of dried veggies, spices, beans, and freeze dried fruits and vegetables. It is a brand that you can trust and who puts your needs first. You will not regret trying our Refried Bean Mix.
- Branden Evans