The top overlooked super food that can literally change your life!
Sweet Potatoes Are Your Perfect Carbohydrate
Sweet potatoes have always been a favorite of athletes and knowledgeable dieters as the perfect carbohydrate for reducing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass. The reason is that they are virtually sugar free and have an ultra low glycemic index of between 54 and 70 with an average of only 61 depending on exact variety. (1)
Your Best Multi Purpose Carbs
Sweet potatoes could also be the most versatile carbohydrate in the world.
Here is a food that has so many different uses we could literally write a book, but we'll just list a few:
- Using our sweet potato pieces, blend them dry in a blender so that you have a nice fine powder. Now you can add them to protein shakes and smoothies to give you nice long term stable energy. Goodbye sugary, high calorie sports drinks! Hello rock solid energy!
Of course, that also depends on what you mix them with as well. Mix them with sugary substances, and you defeat the purpose.
- Rehydrate them, cook, and mash them. Now, you can have them with eggs in the morning, a steak at lunch, or baked chicken at dinner.
- Use them as the possibly the world's best anti-bonk. You know how you get tired an hour or two after having lunch, and you can get kind of sleepy?Well, not any more. You can have sweet potatoes at lunch, or, if you can't do that, you can keep a little mashed sweet potato in a container and have a 2 or 3 o'clock snack.
This will give you your power boost with the great long term stable energy you need to have a productive afternoon and evening without feeling wiped out.
- Use them as brain fuel. When you would really like to read or study but are finding yourself too sleepy to do so, then go have a serving of sweet potatoes and maybe a little ground beef, and you will perk right back up so fast you won't believe it.
They make great brain food for any of your mentally taxing activities. Eat sweet potatoes right before your next meeting at work and you won't have to worry about being called out for sleeping during the meeting. No, you'll be nice and awake, feeling great and contributing.
- Athlete and weekend warrior fuel. The same thing applies. Eat sweet potatoes right before your workout, sporting event, hike, bike, run, or fun and watch how much more energy you have to spare.
The Super Food You Need
Sweet potatoes are an amazing super food that you should be consuming every day. The perfect carbohydrate chocked full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber, they are your best source of clean burning energy for your body.
- Tags: sweet potatoes
- Media Contributor