Lentils are a wonderful example of foods that many people love as health food. If you love the outdoors, some of these products may even work well for all your camping food or backpacking food needs. Lentils have great shelf life and can be put away as cooking stock, party supplies, food supplies, and long term food storage for survival or emergency preparedness. These are all around great products that we know you will love.These pre-cooked and then dehydrated lentils are your perfect choice! Just simmer these Fast Cooking lentils and in a few minutes they are ready to serve!
Lentils are of the highest quality. Researchers have traced lentils to 8000 - 7000 B.C., originating in the Near East. Long used as a meat substitute, lentils are popular in many cuisines and a staple throughout the Middle East and India. While there are many different varieties of lentils, they all have a peppery, savory flavor. The texture depends widely on the variety. French, brewer, and other lentils that are cooked with their seed coat have a firm texture when rehydrated. Varieties like Red Chief lentils, are decorticated before cooking, giving them a smooth, textured consistency. Most often found in soups or ethnic dishes, lentils also make a fine addition to cold salads. Added to pasta sauce, lentils add body, texture and protein for a meatless Tuscan style sauce.
- Lentils are said to be a good source of molybdenum and folate.
- Lentils are a good source of copper, fiber, phosphorus, manganese, protein, iron, zinc, and other supplements and minerals.
- Save time and money by using dried beans in your recipes, entrees, casseroles, salads, or even just as.
- Easy snack for convenience and busy schedule
- Retains over 90% of its ‘fresh’ nutritional value
- The flavor of dried beans is tasty and crunchy, often delivering a potent, piquant flavor one may not get with some produce at grocery stores (due to a variety of factors)
- Ideal for traveling, hiking, camping, and anything outdoorsy
The Shelf Life of a specific product can vary greatly from other products; based on fat, oil, or other various degradable contents. The Shelf life of all products are based on industry standards. As Mother Earth Products has no control over the most critical factor of shelf life, how you store it, we cannot make any specific warranty to the life of any product. For more information concerning this subject view our information page here.
Products should be stored in a cool dark place. The optimum condition would be 65 degrees or less.
|2 Cup Mylar||7|
|2 Cup Jar||8|
|Full Quart Mylar||16|
|Full Quart Jar||14|
Ingredients: Only contains the base product listed above; no additives or preservatives
Our packaging plant also handles wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
|Serving Size||1 oz (28g)|
|Includes||0g Added Sugars|
To 2 parts lentils, add 3 parts boiling water. Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes, or simmer for 7-10 minutes.