4 Creative Ways to Sweeten the Deal This Valentine’s Day
Ah, Valentine’s Day! The only day of the year when you can eat your weight in chocolate, candy and all sorts of sweet treats and no one will judge you. From mouthwatering lava cakes to no-bake chocolate and strawberry pies, the list of super tasty desserts to try on Valentine’s Day is long and proves that this day can be all about “sweetening the deal” while still keeping your healthy streak on track. If you are on the lookout for some healthy, easy and creative ways to indulge in your sweet tooth cravings with your Valentine by your side, all you got to do is scroll down. We got the rest covered.
1. No-Bake Strawberry and Chocolate Tart
Nothing shouts Valentine’s Day more than combining chocolate and strawberry. With that in mind, this no-bake sweet treat is destined to swoon your taste buds from the first bit. At first sight, it seems that even though this Valentine’s Day dessert has its way with your palate, its variety of ingredients is there to make you cringe. But, don’t let the long ingredient list intimidate you. With Mother Earth Products in the mix and our handy tips, you are moments away from teasing your Valentine’s flavors.
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 10 ounces of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of freeze dried strawberries by Mother Earth Products, for topping
- Hydrate the freeze dried strawberries by them in a bowl along with ½ cup of water.
- Add the cookies and the butter in a food processor and blend until they turn into fine crumbs.
- Spread the mixture in a tart pan and press into the bottom using a ladle. Refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the powdered cocoa and stir until they are combined.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the frozen tart.
- Top with the hydrated strawberries.
2. Berry and Celery Smoothie
If you and your significant other are planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a 3-course dinner later that day, you can find a little balance by sipping on this delicious and healthy smoothie first thing in the morning. Naturally sweetened with the Berry De-lite Blend and freeze dried apples by Mother Earth Products, this smoothie still manages to provide you with a nutritional punch as it is packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
- 3 tbsp. of dehydrated celery
- 3 tbsp. of dehydrated apple
- 4 tbsp. of berry De-lite blend
- 1 cup of water
- In separate bowls, hydrate all the ingredients by adding warm water. For each tablespoon, add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Once hydrated, add all the ingredients into a food processor along with water.
- Blend until the mixture turns smooth.
3. Homemade Fruit Chocolate Box
It’s Valentine’s Day, and you still haven’t bought anything to gift to your S.O. The anxiety is already building up, and you are running out of time and -most importantly- ideas. But, don’t worry. The answer lies right there in your pantry, or our website for that matter; homemade fruit chocolate box. Choose your favorite fruit and dip them generously in coconut flakes, chocolate or even chopped nuts for a healthier take on this Valentine’s Day classic.
- 3 freeze dried whole strawberries
- 2 large freeze dried orange pieces
- 4 freeze dried cherries
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes
- In separate bowls, hydrate the fruit by adding water in a ratio of 1:3.
- Once ready, dip them in melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Let them cool and add them in a chocolate box.
4. Chocolate Cherry Bread
Regular days call for regular bread. However, special occasions such as Valentine’s Day call for out-of-the-ordinary snacks. That is the idea behind this unique chocolate cherry bread recipe which helps you celebrate this day in a way only a few people can. Still rich in classic V-Day ingredients, this bread is also packed with antioxidants thanks to the dark chocolate and the hearty cherries by Mother Earth Products. Are you ready to cuddle up on your couch with your loved one by your side and a hunk of this bread this Valentine’s Day?
- 2 cups of Wheat Gluten Mix
- 1 tbsp. of butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp. of dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. of freeze dried cherries
- In a bowl, hydrate the freeze dried cherries by adding water. Add 2 tablespoons of water for each tablespoon of cherries.
- In a bowl, add the gluten wheat mix, butter, dry yeast and salt and stir well.
- Add water gradually and mix by using your hands until dough is formed. Use more water, if necessary.
- Place the dough in a slightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let the dough rise for about 1 hour.
- When dough is ready, place it on a floured surface and knead the chocolate chips and hydrated cherries.
- Transfer the dough on top of a baking pan in, form it into the shape of a heart and let it rise for one more hour.
- Preheat to 400°F.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until it turns golden.
Whether you go for a “surprising you with breakfast in bed” theme or a late-night dessert to munch while watching your favorite movie, these 4 delicious recipes are here to save you from a dessert coma on Valentine’s Day with a little help from Mother Earth Products. Plus, they are far more original than cliché red wine and chocolate bars.
- Lauren Young