Dehydrated Green Split Peas
Green Split Peas are a small green dry bean with an earthy, sweet flavor and soft texture, split green peas are believed to have originated in western Asia. In the New World, the first peas were planted in 1494 at La Isabella, the ill-fated settlement on Hispaniola established by Christopher Columbus on his second voyage. Apparently, the peas fared better than the colonizers because by 1602 they were found growing native in villages of Florida.
Our dehydrated green split peas are delicious, tasty, and fun to eat; they're also Fast Cooking which means no soaking and cook time is under 20 minutes. Grown and dried by USA based companies, this product is also Non-GMO, with no preservatives or additives. They are also kosher, and packaged carefully by hand for optimum quality, care, and freshness. Our dried green split peas retain up to 90% of its ‘fresh’ nutritional value, and are a delightful addition to any recipe, for your morning omelet, salad, quiche, brunch additive, or a snack option for an on-the-go man, woman or child.
- Consuming green split peas could help improve your heart, because of the fiber in them.
- Green split peas are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals, and low in fats.
- Save time and money by using dried beans in your recipes, entrees, casseroles, salads, or even just as.
- Easy snack for convenience and busy schedule
- Retains over 90% of its ‘fresh’ nutritional value
- The flavor of dehydrated green split peas is tasty and crunchy, often delivering a potent, piquant flavor one may not get with some produce at grocery stores (due to a variety of factors)
- Ideal for traveling, hiking, camping, and anything outdoorsy
- Perfect for long term storage
The Shelf Life of a specific product can vary greatly from other products; based on fat, oil, or other various degradable contents. The Shelf life of all products are based on industry standards. As Mother Earth Products has no control over the most critical factor of shelf life, how you store it, we cannot make any specific warranty to the life of any product. For more information concerning this subject view our information page here.
Products should be stored in a cool dark place. The optimum condition would be 65 degrees or less.
Ingredients: Only contains the base product listed above; no additives or preservatives.
Our packaging plant also handles wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.
|Serving Size||1 oz (28g)|
|Includes||0g Added Sugars|
To 3 parts boiling water, add 1 part peas. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.