6 Fresh Salad Recipes Packed Full of Flavor
May is the National Salad Month, and guess what’s the best way to celebrate it is – by making and eating salad! National Salad Month was created by the Association for Dressing and Sauces in 1992. It encourages people to incorporate more salads into the daily menu. With all the calls to eat healthy made in the recent past to fight the pandemic, salad feels like an excellent idea.1
Salad is healthy and essential for immune boosting, but it can get pretty monotonous. These salad recipes are here to change the boring part. With these recipes, salad lovers will be enthralled, and skeptics will be converted. Gather your chopping boards and knives; let’s celebrate the National Salad Month with some salad recipes from all over the world.
1. Broccoli and Nuts Salad2
We love to hate broccoli, but it makes one of the best salads ever.
Time – 25 minutes
- 2 cups freeze-dried broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced/ our dried sliced garlic from our store, rehydrated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable mayo
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup diced red onions
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- Smoky tamari almonds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Rehydrate the freeze dried broccoli by soaking it in four cups of water.
- Whisk the other ingredients together in a sizeable bowl -- apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, mayo, mustard, garlic, and salt.
- Throw in the rehydrated broccoli, cranberries, and onions.
- Mix to coat well.
- On the baking sheet, put the almonds and the pepitas,
- Pour the tamari, maple syrup, and smoked paprika into the almonds and pepitas and lay them out in a thin layer. Put in the oven and let them bake for about 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Retrieve from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Empty the almonds and pepitas into the vegetable salad. Add seasoning as desired and serve.
2. Avocado and Zucchini Salad3
Salad is for the day when you don’t want to spend too much time preparing food. This salad recipe is perfect for the day you only have 15 minutes to get the food ready.
Time – 15 minutes
- 4 cups dehydrated instant garbanzos
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped / dried tomato flakes on our site, rehydrated+
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Two ripe avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley dill or cilantro,
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional – ground black pepper
- To prepare the garbanzos add to eight cups of boiling water. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Drain excess liquid.
- Put the garbanzos, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and parsley together in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and gently mix.
- Serve cold on its own or with a desired main dish, such as chicken.
3. Spinach and Apple Salad4
- 1 cup freeze dried apples
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 large pear
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cups mixed greens
- Rehydrate the apples.
- Place the walnuts or pecans on a single parchment layer and allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- Once dry, place them in a sealable container and store them away. Do not refrigerate; keep it at room temperature in readiness for serving.
- To make the balsamic dressing, pour the balsamic vinegar into a large bowl. Add the olive oil gradually as you whisk. Add the Dijon mustard into the mixture and whisk some more. Set it aside.
- Put the mixed greens and the spinach on serving plates and lay the apples, pears, and walnuts on top.
- Drizzle the dressing on the greens and fruits and serve.
4. Corn Salad5
Corn is excellent in salads for people who like their salads to be chewier and sweet. Try this salad recipe and share it with a few friends. It’s one of the most straightforward salad recipes ever.
Time – 15 minutes
- 4 cups of freeze dried corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup basil, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a sizeable bowl, put all the ingredients together and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper as you desire.
- Serve cold with the desired side dish.
5. Mixed Fruit Salad6
When you want your plate of salad to burst with color and vitamins, try this recipe.
- 1 cup freeze dried blueberries, rehydrated
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries, rehydrated
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries, rehydrated
- 1 cup freeze dried apples, rehydrated
- 1 cup freeze dried mangos, rehydrated
- 2 cups freeze dried grapes, rehydrated
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Three kiwis, peeled and sliced
- One orange, peeled and wedges, cut in half
- Pour the honey, orange juice, and lemon zest into a bowl and whisk.
- Place the fruits into a large bowl and drizzle the dressing over them.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- Serve chilled.
6. Salmon, Avocado, and Arugula Salad7
This is an easy 5-minutes salad that’s bursting with nutrients.
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1 cup freeze dried red bell peppers
- 1oz. smoked salmon, shredded
- Two avocados, sliced
- One pear, sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Sprinkle the Champagne Vinaigrette over the vegetables
- Toss them gently and serve.
The best thing about salad recipes is that they are versatile and easy to make. They also rarely need heat, and they can also be made and refrigerated for eating later. Don’t be shy about your creativity in the kitchen with these recipes. Who knows what you might discover.
Order freeze dried apples, freeze dried mangos, freeze dried broccoli, and dried zucchini from Mother Earth Products and try out these recipes today. Be sure to leave a comment below once you try out these recipes.