6 Delicious Must-Try Peanut Butter Recipes for the Peanut Butter Lovers' Day
Without a doubt, every household in the United States has a jar of peanut butter, and with good reason.
The nutty goodness is nutritious, tasty, and versatile. When mixed with bananas, apples, or crackers, it makes an irresistible healthy snack. You can enjoy a peanut butter smoothie for breakfast, a tasty peanut butter sandwich for lunch, peanut sauce for dinner, and peanut butter ice cream for dessert. It is also an excellent spread for bread.
Smooth and crunchy peanut butter are both available on the market. Choose the type that matches your preference.
History of the National Peanut Butter Lover's Day
According to one theory regarding the origin of peanut butter, Rose Davis, a US citizen, began creating peanut butter in the 1840s after her son saw Cuban women grind peanuts to produce a paste that they spread on toast.1
In 1884, Marcellus Gilmore Edson was the first to patent a peanut butter paste. Beech-Nut, the first peanut brand, became the first big brand to manufacture and sell peanut butter in 1904. In 1922, Joseph Rosenfield devised a method for making smooth peanut butter with no need to stir that prevented the ingredients from separating.1
How to Celebrate National Peanut Butter Lover's Day Activities
National Peanut Butter Lover's Day is on March 1. In honor of the peanut butter lovers in your life, here are six quick and easy peanut butter recipes that you can make.
Pineapple and Peanut Butter Smoothie2
Smoothies are ideal for breakfast, a quick snack, or a takeaway meal. This pineapple and peanut butter recipe is filling and delicious and takes about ten minutes to prepare.
- 2 cups freeze dried pineapples
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes
- Pour all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until you achieve your desired consistency.
Sweet potato, peanut butter, & chili quesadillas3
Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrients. When added to this peanut butter recipe, it boosts the nutrient profile and adds flavor. This vegan recipe is easy and fun to make.
- 3 cups freeze dried sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ lime, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 4 small flour tortillas
- Chili sauce, to taste
- ½ small pack coriander, torn
- Rehydrate the freeze dried sweet potatoes by mixing with two parts water. Add paprika and mash. Set it aside.
- Combine avocado, lime juice, and zest in a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. Season to your taste.
- Combine the peanut butter and one tablespoon of olive oil in a separate mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush each tortilla with oil and place the oiled side on the pan.
- Spread part of the peanut butter mix, the sweet potatoes mash, chili sauce, and coriander. Then, top with the other tortilla and oil it on the top side. Cook for about 2 minutes as you press it down until crisp. Repeat with the remaining tortilla
- Once ready, cut the quesadilla into quarters. Serve with avocado and lime wedges.
Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread4
This peanut butter recipe helps you add more veggies to your diet. Even better, your kids will never guess that the bread contains zucchini. Plus, it just takes an hour to prepare.
- 1 cup dried zucchini
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, eggs, zucchini, oil, and peanut chips in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and soda in a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the flour mix and combine to make batter.
- Mix the brown sugar, butter, and flour until crumbly to make the topping.
- Prepare two bread baking pans. Evenly pour the batter into the two pans. Sprinkle the topping evenly into the two pans.
- Bake at 325°F for an hour.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies5
Bananas are a great ingredient in healthy smoothies. They are rich in vitamins and minerals and improve your digestive health. Freeze dried bananas reduce the preparation time when making this smoothie. Add some ice cubes to make the texture frosty. This peanut butter recipe takes just 10 minutes.
- 2 cups freeze dried bananas
- 1 cup freeze dried pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 ½ cups vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
- Rehydrate the freeze dried bananas and pineapples.
- Pour them into the blender and add ice cubes and soy milk. Blend for a few minutes to crush the ice cubes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Garnish with chopped peanuts. Serve immediately
Banana Berry Peanut Butter Broccoli Smoothie6
Most green recipes use kale or spinach, but have you ever added broccoli to a smoothie? This broccoli and peanut butter recipe is a smart way to add healthy veggies to your diet. The smoothie is filling and delicious. The banana, strawberries, and peanut mask the taste of broccoli. You kid will keep asking for more and won't tell that you've added broccoli.
- 1 cup freeze dried broccoli
- 1 cup freeze dried bananas
- ½ tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cold water
- Rehydrate the freeze dried broccoli, banana, and strawberries. Pour into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve right away.
Peanut Butter Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie7
Smoothies are easy to add healthy fats from peanut butter and keep you full for hours. Satisfy your peanut butter craving with this peanut butter recipe.
- 2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup organic crunchy pineapples
- 2 cups almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Rehydrate the strawberries and pineapple by adding to two parts water. Pour in the blender
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass, add a straw and enjoy!
- You can add ice cubes if you wish.
There you have it, six easy-peasy recipes that's every peanut butter lover's dream come true. Check our website for freeze dried strawberries, bananas, sweet potatoes, zucchini, pineapples, and broccoli that are must have ingredients for these peanut butter recipes.