4 Keto Recipes That Will Wow Your Taste Buds
The Keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet with various health benefits like weight loss, reduced blood sugar levels, and better insulin response.1 The diet was popular in the 19th century to control diabetes and epilepsy. 2 It involves replacing carbohydrate intake with fat. This forces the body into a metabolic state called ketosis, where the body uses fats for energy instead of carbs. The fats are converted into ketones in the liver, which supply energy to the brain.1
The diet has gained considerable popularity as a potential weight-loss strategy. The diet incorporates moderate intake of protein and high fat intake with low carbs. The Keto diet in weight loss is used to deprive the body of glucose, which is the primary source of energy for body cells and the brain, and forces the body to use ketones produced from stored fat. As a result, the body uses fat as the primary fuel and burns the stored fat to help to reduce weight.2
Are you ready to give the ketogenic diet a try? Here are a few Keto recipes that you can try.
Doing a Keto diet doesn’t prevent you from eating muffins. This Keto recipe is a low-carb and healthy snack that you can make ahead of time and freeze for later.
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup powdered stevia sweetener
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 (capacity) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add the almond meal, stevia, strawberries, and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla, and almond milk in the bowl. Pour the egg mixture and butter into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin holes. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden. Cool for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keto Baked Celery4
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Keto recipe is easy to make on a lazy afternoon.
- 2 cups dried celery
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Rehydrate the dried celery.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Drain the celery and arrange in a baking dish.
- Cook the cream, half of the cheese, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper to a small pan over medium heat until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the celery. Then, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Keto Broccoli Salad5
For the salad
- 2 cups freeze dried broccoli
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
For the dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate the broccoli by adding two parts of water. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl of ice water. When cool, drain florets in a colander.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour overdressing. Combine all the ingredients until they are fully coated in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keto Garlic Mushrooms6
This Keto recipe will be your favorite side dish for meatless Mondays. It also goes perfectly with grilled steak when meat is all you want to eat. You can store the mushrooms in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 2 cups dried mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and coat in the mixture. Stir, add half of the butter until it melts, and coat the mushrooms before adding the next tablespoon.
- Cook under medium heat for about 15 minutes while occasionally stirring until all the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms have turned a deep brown color.
- Remove from the heat and mix with parsley before serving.
Check out our keto collection to get started with the best keto friendly ingredients!
Have you tried any of these Keto recipes? Let us know how it went in the comment section below.