3 Homemade Soup Recipes That You Can Enjoy Any Time of the Day
Soup is an integral part of a meal, yet is often underrated. It takes a short time to prepare, and it is excellent as a starter. A bowl of soup in cold weather is as comforting as a warm hug or a long warm bath. Read on for these three homemade soup recipes that you can try out at home.
This cauliflower soup recipe takes a short time to prepare. It is perfect when you want a light and tasty meal. Top up with crispy chorizo and croutons.
- 1 cup freeze-dried cauliflower florets, rehydrated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon double cream
- 1 chopped onion
- Chopped parsley
- 2 inch long chorizo
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 slice crusty bread
- 2 cups stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and salt, cook until soft for about 5 minutes. Add in the cauliflower and half the garlic. Stir properly then add the stock. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Peel and chop the chorizo into small pieces. Toast the crusty bread then cut it into crouton size pieces.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan. Fry the chorizo until crisp. Add the croutons and the remaining half of the garlic. Cook for a minute until everything is coated in the chorizo oil. Then set aside.
- Blitz the soup with the cream using a stick blender. Season to your taste, reheat if you need it, and then divide and pour into two bowls. Add parsley to the chorizo and croutons then top the soup generously.
Sweet Potato Soup2
Take a break from mashed sweet potato and enjoy this silky soup.
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 cups freeze dried sweet potatoes
- 1 medium chopped red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of cayenne
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat. Place in a paper towel and reserve 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Cook onions in a pot until slightly soft. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes, then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional).
- Rehydrate the freeze-dried sweet potatoes then add to the mixture alongside the stock. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat until the sweet potatoes are tender, for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in batches and blend till smooth. Stir in the lime juice. Serve while warm topped with chopped bacon.
This vegetable soup recipe serves well as a comforting meal just as well as a starter for your dinner party. It’s easy and delicious.
- 1 3/4 cup of freeze fried broccoli, rehydrated
- 4 1/4 of broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 sliced leek
- 1 medium-sized potato, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 sliced celery stick
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add celery, leek, potato, and butter. Mix until the butter melts. Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and broccoli. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. Add in the crumbled cheese and allow the crumbs to remain and serve.
Mother Earth Products Original Soup Mixes
According to Chef Brian Merbott, the culinary mastermind behind Mother Earth Product’s amazing recipes, food is the centerpiece of family gatherings. It is the glue that brings and holds people together, and it much more than just for the satisfaction of your hunger. He discovered endless possibilities of using freeze dried and dehydrated foods and calls them the food of the future. Because they have a longer shelf life, freeze dried fruits and vegetables can be used even when they are not in the season. With his help, we have been able to introduce three incredibly delicious and original soup mixes that you can enjoy every day.
Three Onion Soup/Dip Mix
Three Onion Soup Mix is a classic soup staple designed by chef Brian Meerbott. It is delicious and filling. It doubles up an onion dip that you can use when hosting your family and friends, whether for New Year’s or Thanksgiving. It is perfect for all gatherings.
The ingredients include: chopped white onion, white onion powder, leek flakes, garlic granules, parsley flakes, celery powder, carrot powder, chives, kosher salt, and black pepper. A serving of 1.6 Oz contains 150 calories, 7g protein, and 8g fiber but has 0 fat.
To prepare the soup, heat 2 cups of vegetable, chicken or beef stock to a simmer. Add ½ cup of soup mix. Simmer for 5 minutes, and it is ready to serve. For use as a dip, combine 1 pint of our cream and ½ cup of soup mix. Add two tablespoons of water. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but is recommended to refrigerate for an hour before you serve.
Herb and Vegetable Soup/Dip Mix
This soup recipe doubles as a soup and a dip that is perfect for all occasions. Perfect for cold nights as you can heat it for dinner or incorporate it into lunch to eat with your sandwich. It is easy to use as a dip for parties or when snacking on movie night or any gathering.
The Herb and Vegetable Mix contains a blend of red and green bell peppers, spinach flakes, dill, garlic powder, white onion powder, salt, parsley flakes, and chervil flakes. One serving, which is 1.25 oz, contains 100 calories, 6g of dietary fiber, 7g of protein, and 0g of fat.
To prepare the soup, heat 2 cups of vegetable, chicken or beef stock and bring it to a simmer. Add ½ cup of soup mix, stir and let it simmer for about 5 minutes and serve.
To prepare the dip, combine 1 pint of sour cream, ½ cup of the mix, and two tablespoon water in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour before serving.
Tomato Basil Soup Mix
This incredible Tomato Basil Soup will wow your friends and family and keep you warm on a cold night. But it is not just ideal for fall and winter; it is perfect anytime you get a craving for something savory and easy so that you can catch the craving before it is gone.
It contains a blend of tomato powder, whole basil, carrot powder, white onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. You can mix with water or milk to make soup. Serving size of 2.25 oz contains 200 calories, 8g of protein, 8g of dietary fiber, and 0g of fat.
To prepare this soup, heat 1½ -2 cups of milk or water depending on your preference to a simmer. Stir in ½ cup of soup mix until well incorporated. Simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring frequently, and then serve.
Enjoy our soup mixes, which saves you the hassle of preparation, so that you can find more time to do the things you love doing. Buy your pack today.