4 Sweet Cheesecake Recipes to Celebrate Cheesecake Day
Cheesecake is considered to be the world's sweetest dessert. July 30th is National Cheesecake Day. It is a chance to indulge in the tasty flavors of creamy, yummy cheesecake. You can choose chocolate or lime cheesecake recipes. Whatever excites your !. Both cheese and cake are delicious when taken separately. But when they are combined, they become addictive.
History of the National Cheesecake Day
Cheesecake is thought to have originated from ancient Greece. The cheesecake recipe had basic ingredients like flour, honey, and cheese.1 The earliest mention was by a Greek physician, Aegimus, in his cheesecake recipes’ book.2 During the Olympics held in 776 B.C, Greek athletes, were fed cheesecake. The original recipe was made from soft cheese. When the Romans conquered Greek, proper baking methods were introduced, and the original cheesecake recipe included eggs.1
Over time, the cheesecake recipe was introduced around the world with different variations. In America, cheesecake is made with cream cheese. While in Germany and Poland they use a soft cheese called "quark." In Italy, it is made with their traditional "ricotta" cheese.2
The first Cheesecake Day was first celebrated in 1985, but it didn't take off until 2001. The internet has contributed to making the day sensational, and it is now celebrated over the world.1
The variations in the cheesecake had evolved over time, and everyone in the world enjoys it their way. Make your cheesecake this National Cheesecake Day with cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream. So this year, celebrate National Cheesecake Day by baking and eating any of these cheesecake recipe variations.
Strawberry Cheesecake recipe3
Enjoy this delicious summer dessert suited for all occasions.
Time: 30 minutes
- 20 graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
For the topping
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 3 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Line a 9x13 baking with parchment paper. Put the graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush them to make crumbs.
- Spread the crumbs into a bowl. Pour melted butter over the crumbs. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated.
- Transfer the crumbs into the baking tin and press firmly to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set firmly.
- Whisk the whipping in an electric mixer until it makes soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, put the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes with the electric mixer until smooth and thick.
- Add in the whipped cream and fold it into the cream cheese mix. Ensure it is thick enough to hold its shape when you tip a spoon of it upside down.
- Pour it to the cracker base from the edges inwards to avoid making air bubbles.
- Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a spatula. Leave in the fridge overnight to set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Rehydrate the freeze dried strawberries and put half of it in the blender. Add the confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon water, then put through a sieve or cheesecloth.
- Pour the remaining strawberries over the cheesecake. Pour the puree over the top. Serve.
Enjoy this creamy cheesecake recipe for your dessert. It's quick and easy to make.
Time: 1 hr. 15 minutes
- 8 oz. soft cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups freeze dried peach slices, rehydrated
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 2 (8 inches) graham cracker crusts
- Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar into the cream cheese and beat until fully incorporated.
- Blend the rehydrated peach slices to make a puree.
- Add the vanilla and peach puree into the cream cheese mixture. Beat with the electric mixer until combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until evenly smooth.
- Put the first graham cracker crust on a platter. Add half of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the last graham cracker crusts. Top with the remaining cheese mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe5
This recipe incorporates a delicious blend of cream cheese and pineapple with graham crackers. Your friends will love you for this.
Time: 2 hrs. 10 minutes
- 8 oz. soft cream cheese
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 cups freeze dried pineapple chunks
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inches) prepared graham cracker crust
- Rehydrate the pineapple chunks.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in half of the pineapple and whipped topping to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and top with the other half of the pineapple. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Puree freeze dried mango to get a fruity flavor.
Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups freeze dried mangos
- 20 oz. soft cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour the cracker crumbs and sugar into a medium bowl and mix. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of the greased pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is set.
- Cool before serving.
- Rehydrate the freeze dried mangos. Put in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Set aside 2 cups of the mango puree.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl and blend until smooth.
- Add in one egg at a time. Beat well after each addition. Next, add in the 2 cups of the mango puree and beat until well blended.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust in the pan. Bake for about an hour and a half until set and has golden edges.
- Cool the cake for an hour. Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- Remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a platter. Cut the cheesecake into wedges and garnish with mango dices on a platter.
Invite your friends and family over and enjoy any of these cheesecake recipes together. You can use topping like candy, sauce or fruit like strawberries or blueberries, or nuts and chocolate. You have endless options to make your cheesecake yummy.
Do share the outcome in the comment section below.